No degree, certificate or diploma required
No experience required. Will train
Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops; Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment; Harvest crops; Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
Equipment and Machinery Experience
Type of Crops
Apples, Orchard fruit; Cherries
Work Site Environment
Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Dusty; Hot
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Repetitive tasks; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fruit tree pruner — (40 vacancies)
- Fruit pickers — (35 vacancies)
- Fruit packers — (20 vacancies)
- Fruit farm labourers — (18 vacancies)
- Fruit harvesters — (45 vacancies)
- Sort fruits, such as berries according to size, color and grade before packing
- Weigh and pack fruits in a specified quantity
- Clean the belt on regular intervals
- Transfer berries to freezer for storage
- Clean and maintain all packing pallets
- Inspect and take out defected packages
- Remove debris and fallen fruits from packaging area
- Checking fruit for quality
- Crate the packed fruits
- Load, unload and transfer crates.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools
- Transport packages to processing unit location.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Ability to work long hours, early mornings and weekends are required.
- Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions.
- Harvest crops; Assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants
Accommodation will be provided at $30.00 per week, relocation support such as air fare, etc can be provided along with the first three months of medical insurance, if required. All benefits as per employment standards act
Who can Apply?
Anyone is welcome to apply including foreigners but only those who the employer feels are qualified for the job will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in these positions and good luck to all who apply.