Business information: We receive fresh fish from fishing boats on Vancouver Island and we
cut to various fillet sizes and pack styles for distribution in both fresh and frozen markets.
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Visa Sponsorship Included: Yes
- Clean and sort fish
- Properly fillet fish to ensure maximum use of product. Fillet various kinds of fish for
production and retail sales.
- Properly grade product and assign to accounts
Properly cut all types of portion orders to ensure lowest percentage of loss, including
bias, H&G, P.B.O (Pin Bone Out fillets). etc.
- Sanitize work area and equipment before filleting
- Survey all equipment to assure proper working order
- Handle product properly to ensure maximum shelf life
- Put away excess product properly
- Finish all orders in a timely manner
- Inform supervisor of any changes or problems
- Cut and fillet 1-20 lb. fish with a band saw and/or knife
- Pack fish in 5-50 lb. boxes
- Clean-up work station and department
- Communicate quality issues to supervisors
- Weigh and tag product at end of the shift with other fillet crew team members
- Help pack fillet orders
Education: No formal education required
Experience: Experience is an asset. Training will be provided. The hiring process includes
initial assessment of the fish filleting skills.
This position requires the ability to fillet a minimum of 150 lbs of Rockfish fillets with a 30% skin
off recovery (500 Round Pounds) per hour or, 140 or more whole Rockfish per hour
We prefer candidates that speak English well, but as we have an urgent need for help,
candidates with basic command of English will also be accepted
Wage: $16.10 to $20.00 hourly, 8-10 hours up to 12 if is needed, 30 -60 hours per week. We
are willing to pay up to $30/hour depending on skills and experience.
Important Information: We require flexibility on schedule as hours of work can be from 5am to
2pm, sometimes working until 4pm or 5pm is required during summer time when production is
heavy and overtime is available.
Benefits: Smocks or uniforms. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate,
accommodation provided at a cost.