No degree, certificate or diploma
Number of vacancies
- Farm workers — (25 vacancies)
- Farm labourers — (17 vacancies)
- Dairy farm workers — (12 vacancies)
- General farm workers — (35 vacancies)
Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops; Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment; Harvest crops; Fertilize and spray crops; Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry; Examine produce for quality and prepare for market; Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
Specific Skills – Field Crops
Equipment and Machinery Experience
Sprayer or duster; Loader; Fruit harvester; Farm truck; Fertilizer applicator
Type of Farm Operations
Fruit and vegetable combination farming
Type of Crops
Work Site Environment
Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Odours; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Field work, Soil Preparation, plowing, pruning, planting, weeding, cultivating, harvesting, sorting, packing of the field crops.
- Examining produce for quality and prepare for market,
- Loading produce into trucks etc. Assist in shipping/receiving activities.
- To monitor irrigation & the soil moisture as per crop requirements.
- Using fertilizers, detecting disease and other problems in crops.
- Protecting crops from weeds & pests by taking appropriate actions like spraying Pesticides etc.
- Farm workers also helps in Operating & maintaining farm machinery & equipment.
- Informing farmers or farm manager of crop progress.
- Remove diseased and dead wood
- Flush irrigation systems and sprayers to protect against winter damage
- Store harvested fruits and other vegetables as directed
- Maintain, clean, and store farm tools after use
- Report to and follow directions of supervisor
- Keep fields watered and free of weeds that compete with crops
- Other general farm duties as assigned.
Work Location Information
Flexibility; Team player; Judgement
Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists Specific Skills
Clipping; Mixing fertilizer; Tying; Weeding