Bookkeeper Job Description
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
Work location: 10189 McDonald Park Rd #7, Sidney, BC V8L 5X5
Empire Hydrogen is a high-tech and green manufacturer company that has it’s production facility in Victoria BC. We are searching for an organized well-rounded proactive Bookkeeper to be based out of the office in Victoria, BC.
The position ensures that all financial transactions are entered into accounting software and have been processed according to the Financial guidelines. This position also ensures timely, accurate, processing of payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Carry out full-cycle accounting duties involved in all aspects of the general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable;
a) Enter and verify bills, invoices, and purchase orders
b) Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
c) Process payments, deposits, and post into the system on a regular basis
d) Reconcile monthly bank accounts and credit card accounts
e) Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
f) Set up and maintain financial records in paper and cloud-based file systems
g) Make journal entries and prepare the month-end financial statements including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets, working papers and schedules under direction of third-party accountant
2. Record and keep employees and contractors working time, calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls;
3. Preparing quarterly and monthly GST/ WCB returns and other compliance filings;
4. Maintain confidentiality regarding organization’s financial and personnel information;
5. Assist in preparation of support work for the audit;
6. Assist accountant for tax remittance, workers’ compensation, pension contribution and other government documents
1. Completion of college in accounting, bookkeeping, or related discipline is required
2. Strong knowledge of accounting concepts and principles (Canadian GAAP and IFRS)
3. Bookkeeping software and Payroll processing experience
4. Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word).
5. Flexible and able to work effectively as a team player.
6. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
7. Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
8. Be pro-active & able to meet the deadline.
9. Be able to work independently with little to no supervision
10. Consistently maintains a professional demeanor, appearance, and work environment.