Trimble’s Forestry Division offers SaaS and enterprise software to improve the productivity and sustainability of the world’s most recognized integrated forest product companies, forest managers, conservation organizations, government departments, finished product manufacturers, and the partners that connect the global forest supply chain.
The Connected Forest solutions manage the full raw materials lifecycle of planning, planting, growing, harvesting, transporting, and processing.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Your key responsibility is to help our customers be successful in their daily use of our solutions no matter what it takes. You accomplish this by:
- Configuring Trimble Forestry’s spatially-enabled mobile, desktop, and web-based land management solutions to meet the needs of our customer base
- Developing database server-based solutions (database views, stored procedures, functions) defined through requirements and design specifications
- Validating and unit testing your solutions
- Performing peer reviews of other solutions developed by your colleagues
- Accurately and concisely documenting your solutions for your peers
- Proactively identifying bugs and determining root cause to develop workarounds or solutions
Professional Qualifications & Experience
Your education and previous experience give you a solid foundation:
- University degree, college diploma, or equivalent relevant experience in computer science or geographic information systems (GIS)
- Forestry and Land Management expertise is an asset
- A valid Canadian driver’s license since there is the occasional opportunity to travel to client sites
Our solutions are built using a number of enabling technologies. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in three or more of these skills:
- Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server database programming (SQL and PL/SQL, T-SQL)
- Understanding of ESRI’s ArcGIS mapping and analytics platform, including how to implement and configure ArcGIS Desktop, ArcPro, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Enterprise
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and/or Crystal Reports
- Prior knowledge and experience with Trimble Forestry CONNECTED FOREST™ solutions preferred
- Experience with software validation
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best.
While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability.
From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics.