NOC Group: Administrative Officers (1221)
NOC Job Title: Office Co-Ordinator
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
Start Date: As soon as possible
215 Kilby Road
Harrison Mills, British Columbia
V0M 1L0, Canada
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Administrative Assistant (Part Time/Seasonal)
Kilby Historic Store and Kilby Park Campground, Harrison Mills
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will undertake the following tasks and duties:
Summary of Function: Delivery of assistance and support in all aspects of administrative, marketing and general office duties, including campground reservation system.
- Provides assistance for all departments.
- Responsible for the campground reservation system and processing payments.
- Assists the Executive Director with meeting agendas; minutes; work schedules; staff memos; and Society memberships.
- Responsible for filing, correspondence, answering phones, ordering and maintaining stationary supplies.
- Assists the Executive Director with maintaining employee policies and operational procedure manuals
- Assists the Executive Director with minor works projects doing research; creating scope of work documents, developing grants and invoicing contracts for Heritage Branch.
- Assists Marketing department with Social Media, group sales, data entry tasks; such as museum and campground sales and attendance records; accumulating survey results; and developing graphs for presentation.
- Provides season pass holders and volunteers with services & support including monthly newsletter compilation; mailing lists; recording of volunteer hours
- Provides backup for general frontline visitor services, when needed
Abilities & Skills required:
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an office environment or accommodation industry
- Energetic with excellent, mature, highly developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organization/orderliness skills
- Broad general computer & software knowledge – MS Word, Excel, Access
- Works cooperatively in a group situation
- Reception and telephone skills
- Experience with office systems, procedures and administrative assisting
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Creativity & flexibility
- Ability to multi-task as well as being self-directed
- Excellent planning skills & task oriented
Conditions: 16 to 24hrs a week at $16/hr (depending on experience)
Flexible schedule – may include some weekend work
Must possess a reliable means of transportation to/from work
CRC (Criminal Records Check) required.